In 2020, small and medium size businesses (SMBs) experienced the fastest growth of online sales in the last five years. The motivation to purchase online continues to rapidly rise. Is your business positioned to take advantage of digital commerce?
Here are some questions to weigh:
- Are the value and distinct benefits of your products or services expressed clearly and concisely?
- Are you effectively customizing campaigns to tap the unique buying intent of each customer segment?
- Is the brand messaging being consistently shaped to inspire, inform, and persuade the audience?
- How creative, impactful, and informative is the visual experience of your brand?
- Do you tell an authentic and compelling story which your audience can relate to?
- Do the website’s interface and user experience drive conversions – how well have you tested the content, graphics, elements, functions, navigation, information architecture, performance, and mobile design?
- Can a visitor seamlessly and intuitively search for products or information on your website?
- Is your monetization strategy being executed across channels with the right cadence to influence action?
While seemingly simple, there is a complex formula to digital commerce, which is an art (creativity, content, and innovation) and a science (automation, testing, and technology). Being strategic, agile, and tenacious in both interface and infrastructure are essential to building online sales.