Critical for digital commerce are a defined strategy and well-structured plan. Every component of the plan should have a clear objective. That gives all initiatives a North Star and the means to measure results.
Objectives & Key Results (known as OKRs) must be precise and individualized to a particular channel or campaign. Additionally, being quantifiable gives a basis for benchmarks, forecasting and validating performance.
Examples of measurable goals are:
- New customer acquisition
- Existing customer retention
- Revenue, profit margins or incremental sales
- Search engine ranking and quality score
- SEO performance and organic traffic volume
- Market share, market penetration or new market entry
- Brand awareness, equity or advocacy
- Competitive advantage and positioning
- Audience targeting and personalization
- Customer journey and UX performance
Gaining attention and visibility online is just the start. Lead activation, user engagement and triggered activations require an emphasis on brand image, tailored messaging, tactical design, intrinsic interface, and imperative solutions, all with the aim to improve the bottom line.