‘Design Thinking’ is a business methodology – and ultimately an attitude – being used by companies that have embraced digital transformation, re-orienting their strategy towards innovation and experimentation. To be on the front end of this, there are essential changes to how an organization reasons and rationalizes its way of doing business.
Fundamental to Design Thinking and Digital Transformation
- Be open to new information and uncommon ideas
- Embrace uncertainties as part of exploring and exploiting opportunities
- Experiment: hypothesize and employ rapid testing and iterations for validation
- Understand that trial n’ error actions are constructive
- Make it a priority to be data-informed for forecasting, identifying patterns and better pathways
- Socially listen to gauge sentiments and to capture real-time interests, motives and preferences of customers
- Perform journey mapping across the customer’s ecosystem (not your own)
- Be channel agnostic
- Require that customers will benefit from the outcome of every decision
Shifting the collective mindset of a company in order to gain from design thinking can be fraught with obstacles and resistance. You must be patient and persistent, providing ample time to stir curiosity, foster esteem, inspire cultural growth, and build momentum among team members.
Continue reading “Innovate Your Customer Experience through Digital Transformation”