For a brand to grow online sales, expand market reach, and increase website traffic, a blended technical/creative/data-driven digital strategy is a powerful means to achieve critical goals. The roadmap requires performance-based initiatives, well-planned campaigns, iterative testing, and an agile methodology.
Important First Stage
- Define primary success factors
- Craft a precise and unique value proposition
- Identify key performance indicators
- Pinpoint target markets
Establishing the business objective gives you a ‘North Star’ before strategy deployment. For each initiative, be thoughtful and explicit in forming the measurable results that you want the team to reach.
Sidebar – be ambitious with your objectives! Now is not the time to be conventional or cautious.
A Sample of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Capture more of the market share [how to outperform the competition]
- Increase organic traffic to the website and social channels [how to better attract the audience]
- Enhance customer engagement [how to create resonating experiences]
- Reduce bounce rate [how to demonstrate value and relevancy to compel interest]
- Improve conversion rate [how to enhance the customer journey to trigger action]
- Raise incremental sales [how to effectively position products to motivate a purchase]
- Consistency with monthly revenue rate [how to decrease churn and maintain a steady flow of new visitors]
When creating strategies – aim for impact and efficiency. Be willing to forego strategies that cannot offer these requisites.
Digital Marketing Initiatives
- Content marketing
- Digital channels
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Paid advertising
- Social media
- Influencer marketing
- Affiliate programs
- Video marketing
- Rich media
- Events and community engagement
- Email marketing